Welcome

My name is David Burrows and I am a freelance translator of Spanish into English. This blog contains some of my favourite words, a (mostly) amusing explanation of said words as well as some of my musings about translation. I hope you enjoy it.

Tuesday 3 August 2010

Capitulation

Noun - the action of ceasing to resist an opponent or demand.
Ninja Chicken demands your capitulation

Men take note: this word is the secret to a long-lasting relationship. I think it was Chris Rock who said, in one of his stand-up performances, that a man only needs one word to make a relationship work: yes. Whatever she wants, just say yes. This is the essence of capitulation and it will save you a lifetime of nagging and earache. You may not like it but at least you can say that you are not 'under the thumb' or 'whipped' but that you are 'partaking in strategic capitulation to avoid confrontation and the resultant lumbago from sleeping on the sofa.' And also it gets you what you want, which we all know is just one thing when men are involved.
A cold beer in front of the TV. Obviously.

1 comment: