Welcome

My name is David Burrows and I am a freelance translator of Spanish into English. This blog contains some of my favourite words, a (mostly) amusing explanation of said words as well as some of my musings about translation. I hope you enjoy it.

Tuesday 1 June 2010

Adimensionalize

Verb - To remove dimensions from something.
Derivatives: Adimensional - without dimensions.
"Honey, I adimensionalized the kids!"
He doesn't look too upset about it, though: he looks hungry.


Adimensionalize - a word from the future which has travelled back in time to teach us the ways of the universe! It isn't even in the Oxford dictionary yet. Unfortunately this means that I can't really explain how it works. I assume we don't have the technology to remove the dimensions from things yet (not even the fifth dimension) unless you count rubbing out some lines on a drawing of a cube (or a hypercube). Perhaps we might disrupt the space-time continuum (great word) if we did and everyone knows that would be disastrous for everyone on Earth and probably the entire universe.
Anyway, it's a great word that even looks futuristic. You just have to try and ignore the fact that it's a boring mathematical term.

No comments:

Post a Comment